Mobile Accessibility 2
The mobile application for the visually impaired
One of the problems facing the visually impaired
is the use of the mobile phone. It is designed basically on
visual concepts, without considering the needs of the blind
and partially sighted.
Mobile Accessibility 2.0 is an application which
makes the mobile phone accessible in different ways and allows
its uses to be adapted to the needs of the visually impaired.
Mobile Accessibility 2.0 has its own menu structure
and is designed to make the use of the phone a lot easier. The
software contains a powerful real-time 16K speech synthesizer
by the Swiss company SVOX so that all the features are speech
Mobile Accessibility 2.0 is carrier-independent
and does not need any additional external adaptive device to
work. Once loaded in the phone it is fully functional.
Mobile Accessibility 2.0 is designed to work with
the Symbian operating system. A Windows CE version for Smartphones
could be created on demand. The program currently works with
the following phones: Nokia 3600, 3620 3650, 3660, 6600, 7610,
7650, N-Gage, N-Gage QD and Siemens SX1. The software will be
tested and adapted with new Symbian mobile phones as they are
Main features of Mobile Accessibility 2.0:
- Allows SMS and multimedia messages (MMS) to
be sent, received, replied and read.
- Multiple recipient SMS/MMS
- Administration of contact list. Contacts can be added, removed
and updated. Different actions for the contacts can be taken
(e.g. assigning ringing tones to contacts).
- Gives access to the list of received and missed calls and
dialled numbers at the simple touch of a button.
- Caller ID
- Speed dialling support
- Operation of alarm
- Personalization of profiles (ringing tones, volumes, vibration
- Personalization of the voice synthesizer (Speed, Pitch)
- Ringing and message tones (MID,RNG,RTP) can be received
- SIM Card support
- Automatic start-up when the phone is switched on
- Reading of battery level, date, time, operator and signal
- And many other features.
Mobile Accessibility 2 is currently available
in English, French, Spanish, German and Italian.
There are different tools for Mobile Accessibility
2 that can be purchased in addition to the basic software.
- Office package (available soon): Notepad, Email client and
- Camera program (available soon)
- Colour reader (available soon): Use the camera of the
phone to know the colours
- Screen magnifier (available soon)
- Package of games (available soon)
Price £125 including installation on your
You should send your phone by recorded delivery
for security and also so you can track the delivery.
We charge £5.00 for the return packing and
Accessibility 2 Website